- Treadmills to run on when it’s 95* outside.
- A husband who can cook a mean pot of collard greens and make smashed red potatoes.
- Click mocha espresso protein drink, over ice.
- A prefectly ripe pear in the fruit basket at work.
- Going to bed at 8:30, while it’s still daylight outside, and sleeping dead to the world for 8 full hours.
This is random, but I’m feeling a little
bummed hormonal today. To counteract the funk I decided to focus on what I’m thankful for. My health, my family and all the big stuff is a given. I could never take that for granted. But sometimes being appreciative of all the little things can really change my outlook.
On a running related note, on Saturday I ran my longest run since my half marathon last October. Eleven miles! And it was faster than my 10 miler the week before. This 3-day a week running plan is really paying off.
I ran from my house to a local park (2.5 miles). Then I ran a few laps on the wooded trails there (5.5 miles). I finished up by taking a different route home (2 miles). I was a mile short so I made a loop around the nighborhood.
My plan was to listen to my audiobook but I had some technical difficulties resulting in that ridiculous 16+ minute mile. I dropped my phone on the trail and freaked out because it wouldn’t work for a few minutes. I gave up and finished the run without it. I really don’t mind running outside without music or an audiobook. In hindsight I should have just stopped my Garmin.
So, what little things are you thankful for today?